The Fairfax County is the largest public college system at the U.S. commonwealth of Virginia. The college division is the 10th largest school program in the country as well as 2017 maintains the seventh-largest school bus fleet of any school system in the United States. Many students want to learn about FCPS Blackboard and FCPS Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn FCPS Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is FCPS Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- FCPS Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The Fairfax County Public Schools Blackboard?
- FCPS Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The Fairfax County Public Schools
- People’s questions
- The Fairfax County Public Schools Blackboard Reviews
What is FCPS Blackboard
FCPS Blackboard is a sometimes referred to as 24-7 Learning, is the online resource that allows Fairfax County Public Schools students to extend learning beyond the traditional school day and beyond school facilities.
Students, parents, and teachers can use to FCPS 24-7 Online system. Parents must have a Parent Vue account in order to have parent access to Blackboard.
With blackboard, user can access homework and classroom assignments, view class calendars, explore links to enrichment activities, update emergency contact information.
And also access various tools designed to facilitate student learning and communication between students, parents, and staff.
Many online resources and tutorials on tools and best practices are available on the Office of Teaching and Digital Learning website.
FCPS Blackboard streamlines communication with students. It is possible to send messages to all students at the same time or tailor messages for every pupil using a template.
Why blackboard FCPS’s learning is important for students & faculty?
FCPS is the 10th largest school division in the U.S. with 198 schools and centers. FCPS Blackboard can enhance your one-on-one relationship with students by letting you offer course materials, syllabus, research tools and discussion threads on the internet.
Blackboard enables you to put all of your data in one place without restricting you to an assigned amount of space.
Blackboard provides many fantastic features that enable you to access your grades, communication and content tools. As a student, you’re in a position to look at tests, and discussions which are provided by your teacher.
FCPS Blackboard is used to post course content, keep an electronic grade book, administer surveys or tests, collect and return assignments electronically and much more.
Benefits of FCPS Blackboard
- All information in one place
- Increase student preparation time
- Blackboard allows you to assist and collaborate with others to enhance your course experience
- Easy and quick alternative for learning.
- Streamlined communication.
- Faculties and students to communicate with each other and share their works, assignments, grades etc.
- Access content from anywhere & anytime.
- Keep an electronic grade book.
- Modern education system.
- One Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services.
FCPS Blackboard Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The Fairfax County Public Schools & it’s Online Learning Management System called FCPS Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of FCPS Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at FCPS Webportal.
- Blackboard is accessed via the FCPS Web Portal at https://fcps.blackboard.com/.
- You need FCPS Username & FCPS password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your FCPS Blackboard with bunch of features.
How to Login into FCPS Blackboard?
If you want to access all features like participate in classes, library resources, group discussions, activities to complement face-to-face teaching, online assignments & other programs. You have to login into Blackboard of FCPS Webportal with FCPS Username & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to FCPS Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. FCPS Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the Fairfax County Public Schools web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to fcps.blackboard.com portal.
- Here, You will asked for your FCPS Username & Password.
- Enter Blackboard FCPS Username and FCPS Password.
- After enterning username and password, click on log in button.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
For student they encourage every 4th-12th grade student to change your password. As a reminder, the same login ID and password is used to access the network, Blackboard, SIS (MS and HS students), and passwords are synched with Google Apps. You can manage your account by going to the Password Management page.
Please note that it is necessary to have an active Student Information System (SIS) Parent Account to be able to login to FCPS 24-7 Learning: Parent View. The same login credentials will be used to access both the SIS and FCPS 24-7 systems.
Access FCPS Blackboard from a mobile device
Mobile application made and preserved by Blackboard. FCPS enables connectivity into the application, but does not have any control of the application’s content areas or other performance. The current release allows access to restricted features and tools inside FCPS 24-7 Learning. Both Faculty & Student Mobile applications are available for FCPS Blackboard.
Blackboard now offers Mobile Learn and Bb Student that allow faculty and students to get content and utilize several Blackboard features.
Use this step by step guide to use FCPS mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Download the Blackboard App for your mobile device
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Open the app on your device and enter “Fairfax County Public Schools, VA” in the Search Bar.
- Use your FCPS 24-7 Learning (Blackboard) username and password to login.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
Note: FCPS 24-7 Learning : Mobile is licensed for use by secondary students and staff. This app does not currently provide parent access to courses.
What you can get after login at The Fairfax County Public Schools Blackboard LMS
- View announcements, grades, and class rosters
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- Participate in blogs and discussions
- Access course journals and media
- Track and manage tasks
- Create Group Assignment
- Post and organize grades in one place.
- Streamlined communication
- Central Location for students & teachers
- Personalized Study Plan
Features of FCPS Blackboard
Learn to create a content area, create an item in content area and select options for the item. Learn to paste text and tables, insert an image, link and format text in content editor box. You can learn to upload a single file using browse function, and multiple files by using drag and drop function
Instructors have the ability to personalize their course menu. They can add / remove different Content Areas specific to their course. It is important that you go through each Content Area on the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with how the course is set up.
Instructors can send announcements to students enrolled in their courses to alert students to changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
Grading and Grade Center
Learn how to enable anonymous grading for a specific assignment, and delegate grading responsibilities to another person (TA or instructor). Learn to create categories, assign items in Grade Center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
FCPS Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.
Instructors may keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment will be deleted or the submission history is shifted. A submission receipt is recorded in the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
FCPS Blackboard Help & Support
Fairfax County Public Schools provides great help & support for FCPS Blackboard. They answers to common questions, such as how to access Blackboard and your courses, can be found going to the sections below: Logging In to Blackboard and Frequently Asked Questions.
Student IT Help Desk
Faculty Help & Support
Support Hours :
Blackboard basic guide for new students
If you are new to FCPS Blackboard, this is the best starting point to learn Blackboard. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning Blackboard.
For more information about blackboard click on below link,
About The Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS)
The Fairfax County Public Schools Program is a school division in the U.S. commonwealth of Virginia. FCPS is the 10th largest school division in the U.S. with 198 schools and facilities. They serve a diverse student population of over 188,000 students in grades prekindergarten through 12, talking over 200 languages.
People’s questions about FCPS Blackboard
How many public schools are in Fairfax County?
The school system has expanded to include over 196 schools and centers, including 22 high schools, 3 secondary schools, 23 middle schools, and 141 elementary schools. Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) also operates a fleet of over 1520 school buses, which transport 110,000 students every day.
How much does Fairfax County spend per student?
Their FY 2020 Approved Budget of $3 billion is primarily funded by Fairfax County (71.3 percent) with contributions from Virginia (23.3 percent), other sources (3.4 percent) and the federal government (1.5 percent). More than 86 percent of the budget goes toward instruction, and the average cost per student is $15,293.
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about FCPS Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- MDC Blackboard Learning Guide
- UML Blackboard Learning
- EKU Blackboard Learning
- Cuny Blackboard Learning Guide
- ACC Blackboard login & learning
The Fairfax County Public Schools Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review