California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB) is a public college, there were now over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students at the main campus in Bakersfield or the satellite campus, Antelope Valley Center at Lancaster, California. Many students want to learn about CSUB Blackboard and CSUB Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn CSUB Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is myCSUB Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- CSUB Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The California State University, Bakersfield Blackboard?
- CSUB Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The California State University, Bakersfield
- People’s questions
- The California State University, Bakersfield Blackboard Reviews
What is CSUB Blackboard
CSUB Blackboard is a Learning Management System (LMS) that allows instructors to deliver fully online courses for their students.
Blackboard provides course content, links to additional online resources, communication tools, student assessments, and other functions that help manage class materials and activities. Instructors can upload classwork & homework, add assignments, and upload other classroom-related material on the internet.
Students might use Blackboard to download materials, upload assignments, collaborate with others, take tests, and other learning resources in a one location that can be accessed anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
By Using Blackboard, Students can get access to various education tools & services of CSUB Web Portal.
Why blackboard CSUB’s learning is important for students & faculty?
California State University, Bakersfield, offers 45 different Bachelor’s degrees and 21 types of Master’s degrees. CSUB Blackboard is working as platform between students and teachers to CSUBild the easy communication between them.
CSUB Blackboard make studies easier and make learning interesting with least face-to-face meetings. The Blackboard system automatically maintains course enrollments. Courses are private and accessed only by faculty and their students.
Blackboard allows you to place all of your information in one place. Blackboard provides many great features that allow you to access content and communication tools. As a student, you are able to view class handouts, tests, and discussions that are provided by your instructor.
Benefits of CSUB Blackboard
- Easy learning for Students
- Access content from anywhere & anytime.
- Streamlined communication.
- Collect and return assignments electronically.
- Modern education system.
- Central Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services.
- Faculty can Embed videos, upload classwork, add assignments, and multimedia within instructional content and contexts.
CSUB Blackboard Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The California State University, Bakersfield & it’s Online Learning Management System called CSUB Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of CSUB Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at CSUB Webportal.
- Blackboard is accessed via the CSUB Web Portal at bb.csub.edu..
- You need CSUB Username (NetID) & CSUB password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your CSUB Blackboard with bunch of features.
Your NetID is included in your admissions paperwork. Your initial password is an 8 digit number comprised of your birth year and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number. You will be required to change your password at your initial login.
How to Login into CSUB Blackboard?
If you want to access all features like participate in classes, library resources, group discussions, face-to-face teaching, online assignments & other programs. You have to login into Blackboard of CSUB Webportal with CSUB Username (NetID) & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to CSUB Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. CSUB Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the California State University, Bakersfield web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to bb.csub.edu portal.
- Here, You will asked for your CSUB Username & Password.
- After entering Username and Password, click on login button.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
Access CSUB Blackboard from a mobile device
California State University, Bakersfield has launched CSUB Mobile, a new mobile app designed to help provide students with convenient and timely access to important campus resources.
Use this step by step guide to use CSUB mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Search for CSUB Mobile
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Login using your CSUB Username and password.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
What you can get after login at The California State University, Bakersfield Blackboard LMS
- Create Test in Blackboard Learn
- View All Course Details
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- Streamlined communication
- One Location for students & teachers
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
Features of CSUB Blackboard
Learn to create a content area, create an item in content area and select options for the item. Learn to paste text and tables, insert an image, link and format text in content editor box. You can learn to upload a single file using browse function, and multiple files by using drag and drop function
Instructors have the ability to personalize their course menu. They can add / remove different Content Areas specific to their course. It is important that you go through each Content Area on the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with how the course is set up.
Instructors can send announcements to students enrolled in their courses to alert students to changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
Grading and Grade Center
Learn how to enable anonymous grading for a specific assignment, and delegate grading responsibilities to another person (TA or instructor). Learn to create categories, assign items in Grade Center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
CSUB Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.
Instructors may keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment will be deleted or the submission history is shifted. A submission receipt is recorded in the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
CSUB Blackboard Help & Support
California State University, Bakersfield provides great help & support for CSUB Blackboard. They answers to common questions, such as how to access Blackboard and your courses, can be found going to the sections below: Logging In to Blackboard and Frequently Asked Questions.
Student IT Help Desk
Phone: (661) 654-4357
Support Form: IT Self Service
Help Desk Location: 16 LIB, 9001 Stockdale Hwy
Bakersfield, CA 93311
Support Hours : Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m.-5 p.m
Faculty Help & Support
Phone: (661) 654-4357
Support Hours :
Blackboard basic guide for new students
If you are new to CSUB Blackboard, this is the best starting point to learn Blackboard. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning Blackboard.
For more information about blackboard click on below link,
About The California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB)
California State University, Bakersfield, was founded in 1965 and opened in 1970 on a 375-acre (152 ha) campus. The college offers 45 different Bachelor’s degrees and 21 kinds of Master’s degrees.
The university is primarily a commuter campus serving the town of Bakersfield. CSU Bakersfield’s petroleum geology app is the only one provided by a public university west of the Rockies.
People’s questions about CSUB Blackboard
I am co-teaching a course this quarter. How do I add this instructor to my course?
You will need the instructor’s Blackboard username (same as their myCSUB login). Once you have this information, you will follow the same steps used to add a student. The only difference is that you will change the role from Student to Instructor.
- From within the course click Users and Groups
- Click Users
- Click Find Users to Enroll
- Enter the instructor’s username and change the Role to Instructor
- Click Submit
How do I change the name of a course?
From time to time instructors need to adjust the name of a course. The name of a course can be changed, however the course id cannot.
To change the name of a Blackboard course complete the following steps:
- Open the course where the name needs to be adjusted
- Under the Control Panel select Customization and Properties
- Click in the Course Name text box and make the appropriate changes
- Click Submit
The name of my course has changed. Can this be changed in Blackboard?
Yes, instructors have the ability to change the course name. It may be helpful to also include the term in the course name.
- From within the course click Customization (located in the Control Panel)
- Click Properties
- On the Properties page change the Course Name
- Click Submit
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about CSUB Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- FIU Blackboard Learning Guide
- ROTC Blackboard Learning
- BU Blackboard Learning
- MDC Blackboard Learning Guide
- Purdue Blackboard login & learning
The California State University, Bakersfield Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review