Miami Dade College is a public college, founded in 1959. It is the largest college in the Florida College System with over 165,000 pupils and the second-largest college or university in the United States. Many students want to learn about MDC Blackboard and MDC Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn MDC Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is myMDC Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- MDC Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The Miami Dade College Blackboard?
- MDC Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The Miami Dade College
- People’s questions
- The Miami Dade College Blackboard Reviews
What is MDC Blackboard
MDC Blackboard is a online learning management system provide by MDC virtual college, that creates course web sites where you can place content, communicate with your students, and more. Blackboard Learn make studies easier and, a learning interesting with least face-to-face meetings.
With MDC Blackboard instructors can upload classwork, test, grades, discussions, add assignments, and upload other classroom-related material on the internet.
Blackboard allows students to access course documents, check classwork, recorded lectures, YT videos, share assignments with colleagues, view grades, discussions, tests, surveys, and more in a central location that can be accessed anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
By Using Blackboard, Students can get access to various education tools & services of MDC Web Portal.
MDC Blackboard streamlines communication with students. It is possible to send messages to all students at the same time or tailor messages for every pupil using a template.
Why blackboard MDC’s learning is important for students & faculty?
Miami Dade College is a public college, enrolls a significantly larger amount of hispanic students each year compared to other colleges and universities in the state of Florida. MDC Blackboard is working as platform between students and teachers to build the easy communication between them.
The Blackboard system automatically maintains course enrollments. Courses are private and accessed only by faculty and their students.
MDC webportal also helps in establishing an interaction between students and faculty online which helps in learning easy and share works online at one place, and access anywhere and any time.
Faculty can conduct student surveys that are read only by faculty, allowing them to check teaching and learning effectiveness. Students can see how well they are doing in their class at any time.
MDC Blackboard is used to post course content, keep an electronic grade book, administer surveys or tests, collect and return assignments electronically and much more.
Benefits of MDC Blackboard
- Easy to Learn & Access
- Streamlined communication.
- Use content from anywhere & anytime.
- File sharing is easy.
- Keep an electronic grade book.
- Modern education system.
- One Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services.
- Faculty can Embed videos, classroom-related material and multimedia within instructional content and contexts.
MDC Blackboard Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The Miami Dade College & it’s Online Learning Management System called MDC Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of MDC Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at MDC Webportal.
- Blackboard is accessed via the MDC Web Portal at https://mdc.blackboard.com/.
- You need MDC Username & MDC password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your MDC Blackboard with bunch of features.
How to Login into MDC Blackboard?
If you want to access all features like participate in classes, library resources, group discussions, activities to complement face-to-face teaching, online assignments & other programs. You have to login into Blackboard of MDC Webportal with MDC Username & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to MDC Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. MDC Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the Miami Dade College web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to mdc.blackboard.com portal.
- You will be on the Blackboard Learn Login page.
- Here, You will asked for your MDC Username & Password.
- After entering Username & Password click on Login Button.
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
Access MDC Blackboard from a mobile device
Both Faculty & Student Mobile applications are available for MDC Blackboard. students and faculty can benefit from on-the-go applications that extend access or tool availability whenever and wherever they are.
My MDC helps you get quick access to a number of helpful features and resources. Plan your classes, view campus maps, check your financial aid and stay updated with important and timely information.
Blackboard now offers Mobile Learn and Bb Student that allow faculty and students to get content and utilize several Blackboard features. An Instructor variant that will also enable grading will be accessible shortly.
Use this step by step guide to use MDC mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Search for MDC Mobile Learn and Bb Student.
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Login using your MDC Username and password. The Portal home page will temporarily appear as you are forwarded into the app.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
What you can get after login at The Miami Dade College Blackboard LMS
- Create Group Assignment
- Create Test in Blackboard Learn
- Students can see how well they are doing in your class at any time.
- Streamlined communication
- Central Location for students & teachers
- Conduct student surveys that are read only by faculty.
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
- Search for classes
- Register for classes.
- Check your financial aid status
- See past payments
- Important campus contacts
- Browse campus maps
- Get the latest news and events
- Final grades
- View your agenda
- Blackboard class information
- Course information
- Campus alerts and notifications
- Faculty can Embed videos, websites, and multimedia within instructional content and contexts.
Features of MDC Blackboard
Learn to create a content area, create an item in content area and select options for the item. Learn to paste text and tables, insert an image, link and format text in content editor box. You can learn to upload a single file using browse function, and multiple files by using drag and drop function
Instructors have the ability to personalize their course menu. They can add / remove different Content Areas specific to their course. It is important that you go through each Content Area on the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with how the course is set up.
Instructors can send announcements to students enrolled in their courses to alert students to changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
Tests and Surveys
Faculty use tests to evaluate your command over course content and goals. Your teacher assigns point values to questions in a test. Students submit their test for grading as well as the results are listed. They are able to see their grades as soon as faculty makes them accessible to students.
Grading and Grade Center
Learn how to enable anonymous grading for a specific assignment, and delegate grading responsibilities to another person (TA or instructor). Learn to create categories, assign items in Grade Center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
MDC Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.
Instructors may keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment will be deleted or the submission history is shifted. A submission receipt is recorded in the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
Highlighted upgrades include: New Instructor and Student Blackboard Apps, Floating Submit Button, Drag and Drop Functionality, Assignment Submission Receipts, Send Reminder Feature, Blackboard Analytics – Course Level and Student Check My Activity Dashboard.
MDC Blackboard Help & Support
Miami Dade College provides great help & support for MDC Blackboard. They answers to common questions, such as how to access Blackboard and your courses, can be found going to the sections below: Logging In to Blackboard and Frequently Asked Questions.
Student IT Help Desk
Support Form: IT Self Service
Help Desk Location: 300 NE 2 Avenue, Suite 7148
Miami, FL 33132
Support Hours : Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m ET
Faculty Help & Support
Support Hours : Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Blackboard basic guide for new students
If you are new to MDC Blackboard, this is the best starting point to learn Blackboard. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning Blackboard.
For more information about blackboard click on below link,
About The Miami Dade College (MDC)
Miami Dade College (MDC) is a public college in Miami, Florida. It’s a total of eight campuses and twenty-one outreach centers across Miami-Dade County. It is the largest college in the Florida College System with over 165,000 pupils and the second-largest university or college in the United States.
People’s questions about MDC Blackboard
Before I start online classes, is there an online orientation?
Yes – It is strongly recommended that students complete the online orientation before starting online classes.
The MDC Virtual College New Student Orientation is available to everyone for free – whether you are a prospective, new, or current MDC student. No prior admission or registration required.
How can I get in touch with someone to ask questions about online classes?
The MDC Virtual College Student Support Center is available:
- Monday & Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
- 237.3800 or email@example.com.
- Wolfson Campus, Building 3, 7th Floor, Room 3704
- After hours email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or visit the website anytime – MDC Virtual College
How does online learning work?
Online, on your own time!
- Courses are available 24/7.
- Students must meet deadlines, but can work at their own pace.
Courses can be accessed worldwide.
- All that’s required is access to a reliable computer and stable internet connection.
Are online classes more expensive?
Virtual College classes have a distance learning fee of $15 per credit (i.e., $45 for a 3-credit course). To comply with federal requirements, the Virtual College uses secure login and password to verify the identity of online students. There are no additional student charges associated with verification of student identification.
3-credit class = $45 fee
Other than that, students pay the same tuition as on-campus students.
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about MDC Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- ACC Blackboard login & learning
- Purdue Blackboard Login & Learning
- UC Blackboard Login & Learning
- GMU Blackboard Login & Learning
- UIC Blackboard Login & Learning
The Miami Dade College Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review