Eastern Kentucky University is a public university, offers over 40 online undergraduate and graduate alternatives, general and liberal arts programs, pre-professional and professional training in education. Many students want to learn about EKU Blackboard and EKU Login guide.
So, we have created step by step guide to learn EKU Blackboard & Webportal.
- What is EKU Blackboard
- Why blackboard learning is important
- EKU Blackboard Learning Process
- How to Login into The Eastern Kentucky University Blackboard?
- EKU Blackboard Login & Learn Quick Guide
- What you can get as a result
- Blackboard basic guide for students
- Blackboard guide for Instructors
- Video Guide for Blackboard Learning
- About The Eastern Kentucky University
- People’s questions
- The Eastern Kentucky University Blackboard Reviews
What is EKU Blackboard
Blackboard is a Web-based class management system which gives a Web site for every single course, and lets students and teachers take part in course activities online.
EKU Blackboard provides a framework for teachers to organize course material and interact with students through discussion boards, virtual chat, online quizzes and online assignments.
EKU Blackboard is the online learning system, designed for facilitate teaching and learning. Students can access course materials, recorded lectures, learning videos, discussions, view grades, tests, and more learning tools provided by EKU Blackboard in a central location that can be accessed anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
By Using Blackboard, Students can get access to various education tools & services of EKU Web Portal.
Why blackboard EKU’s learning is important for students & faculty?
Eastern Kentucky University is a public institution of higher education offering education and various other fields at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. EKU Blackboard is working as platform between students and teachers to the easy communication between them.
Every course will be presented in Blackboard, you will log in to this system to access your courses. Courses are private and accessed only by faculty and their students.
The portal is a place where you can connect with others in the program, regardless of whether or not you’re in the same courses for a particular term. Students can see how well they are doing in their class at any time.
EKU Blackboard is used to post course content, keep an electronic grade book, discussion boards, chat rooms, online assignments and much more.
Benefits of EKU Blackboard
- Enhancing student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication.
- Providing 24/7 accessibility to course materials.
- Different types of learning styles
- Streamlined communication.
- Easy for students.
- Access content from anywhere & anytime.
- Modern education system.
- One Location for students & teachers.
- Library Services
- Faculty can Embed videos, websites, and multimedia within instructional content and contexts
EKU Blackboard Learning Process
From information provided above, you guys understood the importance of both The Eastern Kentucky University & it’s Online Learning Management System called EKU Blackboard.
Now, we will guide you through step by step learning process of EKU Webportal Blackboard.
- Register for your account at EKU Webportal.
- Activate your email account.
- Blackboard is accessed via the EKU Web Portal at https://learn.eku.edu
- You need EKU Username & password to login into Blackboard.
- That’s it, Login with these credentials & enjoy your EKU Blackboard with bunch of features.
Activate EKU Email account to access Blackboard
If you are new to EKU Webportal, you must first activate your EKU Email account before entering Blackboard. If you have activated your student email account, your Blackboard username and password match your EKU email account. Once you have activated your account and set your password, you can log into EKU Blackboard using that credentials.
How to Login into EKU Blackboard?
If you want to access EKU Blackboard features or learning tools, you have to login into Blackboard of EKU Webportal with EKU Username & Password.
Below is the step by step guide to EKU Blackboard login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. EKU Blackboard Log in Instructions
Student have to access Blackboard via the Eastern Kentucky University web site or direct access URL:
- In your web browser, navigate to learn.eku.edu.
- This prompts you to log screen where two options are available.
- First, Login for EKU Blackboard Users
- Second, Other Blackboard Users
- Use EKU email address & password to log in
- After Successful login, Blackboard Dashboard will open with the Home tab active. Courses you are teaching or taking are displayed in the My Courses module.
If you have problem accessing your account or forgot your password, contact IT Helpdesk for help.
Access EKU Blackboard from a mobile device
Blackboard Learn Mobile is an app that be downloaded on mobile devices supported by Apple, Android, and other mobile platforms. That connects to Blackboard Learn and allows students and faculty to see a limited-functionality version of Blackboard on their mobile devices.
Both Faculty & Student Mobile applications are available for EKU Blackboard. Blackboard now offers Mobile Learn and Bb Student that allow faculty and students to get content and utilize several Blackboard features. An Instructor variant that will also enable grading will be accessible shortly.
Use this step by step guide to use EKU mobile app
- GO to Apple app store or Google play store depending on your mobile device.
- Search for Blackboard
- Once you have installed the app, launch the application.
- Setup your Blackboard App, For more information about How to Setup App click this link
- Login using your EKU Username and password. The Portal home page will temporarily appear as you are forwarded into the app.
- Once you are signed into Blackboard Mobile app you will be brought to the Activity Stream where you can see updates about your courses.
What you can get after login at The Eastern Kentucky University Blackboard LMS
- Create Group Assignment
- Create Test in Blackboard Learn
- View Course Details
- Post and organize grades in one place.
- Streamlined communication
- Central Location for students & teachers
- Conduct student surveys that are read only by faculty.
- Personalized Study Plan
- Post in course discussion boards
- Online & Continuing Education Login
Features of EKU Blackboard
Learn to create a content area, create an item in content area and select options for the item. Learn to paste text and tables, insert an image, link and format text in content editor box. You can learn to upload a single file using browse function, and multiple files by using drag and drop function
Instructors have the ability to personalize their course menu. They can add / remove different Content Areas specific to their course. It is important that you go through each Content Area on the Course Menu to familiarize yourself with how the course is set up.
Instructors can send announcements to students enrolled in their courses to alert students to changes, reminders, and upcoming events.
Tests and Surveys
Faculty use tests to evaluate your command over course content and goals. Your teacher assigns point values to questions in a test. Students submit their test for grading as well as the results are listed. They are able to see their grades as soon as faculty makes them accessible to students.
Grading and Grade Center
Learn how to enable anonymous grading for a specific assignment, and delegate grading responsibilities to another person (TA or instructor). Learn to create categories, assign items in Grade Center to a category, and assign weights to each category.
EKU Blackboard 2019 Update
Blackboard Learn features have been enhanced with the most recent upgrade. The upgrade includes technology changes, improved features and new features in Blackboard Learn.
Instructors may keep track of student submissions, whether or not the effort or assignment will be deleted or the submission history is shifted. A submission receipt is recorded in the time of entry and contains information such as attached file info, date, time, etc.
EKU Blackboard Help & Support
Eastern Kentucky University provides great help & support for EKU Blackboard. They answers to common questions, such as how to access Blackboard and your courses, can be found going to the sections below: Logging In to Blackboard and Frequently Asked Questions.
Student IT Help Desk
Phone: 859-622-GEEK (4335)
Support Form: IT Self Service
Help Desk Location: Library Atrium by Java City
Support Hours : Sunday: 6 – 11:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Faculty Help & Support
Support Hours : Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: noon – 9:30 p.m.
Blackboard basic guide for new students
If you are new to EKU Blackboard, this is the best starting point to learn Blackboard. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning Blackboard.
For more information about blackboard click on below link,
About The Eastern Kentucky University (EKU)
Eastern Kentucky University is a public College in Richmond, Kentucky. It maintains branch campuses in Corbin, Hazard, Lancaster, and Manchester and provides more than 40 online undergraduate and graduate choices.
Central University was founded in 1874 on the present site of Eastern Kentucky University. The Kentucky General Assembly of 1906 enacted legislation establishing the Eastern Kentucky State Normal School No. 1.
People’s questions about EKU Blackboard
How do I sign on to Blackboard?
Browse to the EKU web site: http://www.eku.edu Choose Online Learning located in the center of the webpage.OR Type in this web address: http://learn.eku.edu/
What other ways can I login to Blackboard?
- Browse to the EKU web site: http://www.eku.edu
- Choose EKU Online Learning located on the left of the webpage.
- Click Login to EKU Blackboard. OR Type in this web address: http://learn.eku.edu/
What is my username and password?
- If you have activated your student email account, your Blackboard username and password match your EKU email account.
- If you lose your username or password, call 859-622-3000(Option 3) for help.
How do I navigate inside Blackboard?
- After selecting your course, use the menu buttons located on the left.
- Located under the course menu buttons is a Course Map that will give you a bird’s eye index of the course materials.
How do I check my Grades?
- Choose the Tools option from the menu buttons inside a course.
- Choose View Grades.
Note: You will find your official midterm and final grades through EKU Direct, the same system used for online registration. EKU Direct is entirely separate from Blackboard, and grades are not automatically shared between them. EKU Direct is another name for the Banner system. Enter EKU Direct from the EKU Web page.
Note: The list of your grades will include a number labeled as the ‘class average’ for each assignment. This is NOT a reliable statistic and you should simply ignore it.
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about EKU Blackboard login & learning procedure. If you have any question, query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- UTSA Blackboard Learning Guide
- UC Blackboard Login & Learning
- GMU Blackboard Login & Learning
- UIC Blackboard Login & Learning
- UTA Blackboard login & learning
The Eastern Kentucky University Blackboard Reviews
Submit your review